BC vs bullet drop

rost495

This is gonna sound dumb. But just double checking.

If you take all XYZ Diameter projectiles of the same weight(not necc the same shape though IE differing BC from high to low) and drive them to the same speed, will the bullet drop downrange be the same?

Regardless of shape the bullets in your question will drop toward the ground at the same rate of speed. However, the more streamlined shapes will lose less velocity on their way to the target. Because they get to the target faster, therefor, they will drop less on the target.

nope-multiple b.c.'s will always result in different trajectories even if fired at the same speeds-my-2-dave

MV and BC alone determine trajectory. Caliber, shape, bullet density and weight play a part in determining the BC but, BC and MV determine trajectory.

Thanks guys. Its exactly what I'd always thought. Was reading on another forum and it seemed they believed that time of flight could not be affected by bullet shape. It had me worried a bit at first.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.