BC of 208gr A-Max

eddybo

Any idea? I have tried searching here and on Hornady's websit and cannot find it anywhere. If someone knows of a bullet of similar characteristics that is in exbals bullet library please let me know.

My brother used .640 and it was pretty darn close out to half mile or so in his 7.82 Warbird. Thats at around 3300 fps though so it may be a bit different at lower velocity ranges. Should definately get you close for starting out with this bullet however.

Kirby Allen(50)

Thanks Kirby. I was having a little problem/confusion trying to work out a drop chart until I remembed that my 100 yard zero had changed and I had not zeroed my dial. DUH, Just another newbie mistake...but I am learning(mostly from stuff I read here and my own misadventures). I am still working my way up to longer ranges so that I will be ready for that 338AM. Sometimes it is still hard to believe that a projectile can leave a barrel at 2800+ fps fly in a lazy arc dropping twelve or more feet and strike nearly in the same hole when everything goes right. Two years ago when someone told me that they could shoot a 1/2 MOA group with a nine pound gun at 750 yards I would have just rolled my eyes.(not that I understood what MOA was) Now that my eyes have been opened I just keep wondering what else a centerfire rifle is capable of. I love reading your posts because you keep pushing the limits. You and the other guys here have sure broadened my horizons. Please keep the info coming.

I had a box of older 208s that flew pretty good, but this new lot is kickin it. I dont know what they changed but it worked. Plus they make a heck of a whack when they hit my 750 yard gong.

eddybo , you runnin these out of that new 30-06 Ackley? hows it shooting?

I might run up to Mr Dons tomorrow to drop a couple hunks of aluminum to him , might bring my rod and reel , you seen the catfish in his pond !!

James, it is freakin sweet. I was scared I was going to be needing a brake on it but recoil is very tolerable. I had a load with RL22 but had a little much verticle in it and ran out of case trying to get it out. So I switched to VVN560 and every doubt I had about this gun disappeared. What time you going to see him? I usually show up around lunch a couple days a week...and I bought Monday so its his turn.

6MM I will have to run out and look, I will let you know tomorrow. I can probably dig the old box out of the trash and let you know that one also.

eddybo , you runnin these out of that new 30-06 Ackley? hows it shooting?

I might run up to Mr Dons tomorrow to drop a couple hunks of aluminum to him , might bring my rod and reel , you seen the catfish in his pond !!

Sounds good Eddybo. The 400 I had were all #2070051. I had trouble with verticle as well. But the load I shoot now is working well.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.