• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED BAT Action Question for FIFTY!!!!!!

wildcat

Hey guys, I have a question. I just got a line on a Brandnew BAT Action. My question is the Action is listed as a BAT 10" Model L, 1.55 Diameter Round Action with 308 Bolt face, is there such an action. I did not think BAT's 10" Round Model L came in a 1.55 diameter. I thought the Model L Round action only came in a 2" diameter. I looked on BAT's site, and I can't find the Model L Round action in a 1.55 diameter. Anyhow, I need to know becuase this would be an awesome action to pick up and it's ready for delivery, no wait.

Also, will this action fit in the McMillan Tooley MBR?

Wildcat

Wildcat,

go to br central and email Dave Tooley and ask him directly on the MBR. Same thing on the BAT, email Bruce Tom directly at BAT Machine and ask about the action.

You want to see something wild look at his new stock design on BR central and 6mmbr com that has a 4" wide foreend with the barrel and action offset by 1.5 to one side to offset torque.

I will say that a 10" action for what you are talking about is way overkill IMO.

BH

Yea, I know the action would be a little big, however, it is a pretty good deal.

I have already ordered a Nesika Model L, 1.470 Diameter Action. It will be mated to a Krieger 30", 1.450 straight cylinder. My new rifle is going to weigh around 30 pounds, and I will be using it for long range ground squirrel hunting. I want it to be very steady and thats why I went with a heavier rifle.

Wildcat