BAT action build "NEED ADVICE"

elkaholic

Hi guys....I've decided to build a rifle starting from a custom action this time and have decided on the BAT remington drop in. I only live about two miles from Bruce Thom (BAT) so had a long chat with him yesterday. This will be a long action with integral lug, 20 moa integral picatinny rail, and his new surface hardening process which comes out jet black and is as silky smooth as any action I have ever seen. He can have the action ready by the end of Dec. I ordered a repeater, but may change to a single shot? What are your thoughts on that as far as accuracy difference etc? I have used Lilja and Bartlein barrels in the past and have had good luck with both but I am also considering a Krieger? I am thinking something around a Sendero contour or maybe a #6 or #7 in 28". I will be chambering it in my .300 Sherman case and will shoot my 190 SXR's at 3000-3050'. This is intended for canyon busting, not packing. I'll use my 6.5 for that. I already have a jewell trigger and an H-S thumbhole sporter that I COULD use. What other stock manufacturers /designs do you guys like? My other rifles have 6.5x20 Zeiss Conquest scopes which I like but I am also looking at the SIII 8x32 long range. Any thoughts on that or others in the price range?
I would REALLY appreciate input from some of you experienced guys. Thanks......Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts