Bat 2.0" cheytac action

myrifleisLapua

thinking of saving up and buying one of these . anyone use this action ? it weighs 6lbs I want to make the gun as heavy as possible . Xlr has a 2.0 cheytac inlet listed but they got the model as a ex action but they 2.0 cheytac is a Model L . might be a typo on their part .

10" 1.250"x16tpi Round 2.0" 3.80" 6lbs 4oz. $1350.00

also I like the options because im left hand but shoot right handed but hate how bolt handles hit my hand under recoil . so I want to go right port left bolt .

I have used the BAT 2" without issue. Expect the same quality as their other actions.

If you are trying to "make the gun as heavy as possible" as you said, you have chosen the wrong stock.
A full full stock of standard design, made with as heavy as possible material, and weight added in strategic areas will compliment your heavy barreled action, and enable you to achieve your goal.
May want to re- think that area.lightbulb

well I seen kyle has made 20-24lb cheytac builds with his chassis.

the barreled action alone should be 20lbs. 33" straight cylinder barrel 14-15lbs
I really like how solid the Bat action looks . its expensive for me but I think it will be worth waiting longer and getting the rifle I want . only thing I don't like about the xlr chassis is the forend. to its to long and as someone else said it looks to busy . I don't need all the slots for rails I just want to mount a bipod. but im betting it wouldn't be hard to have a solid one machined

well I seen kyle has made 20-24lb cheytac builds with his chassis.

the barreled action alone should be 20lbs. 33" straight cylinder barrel 14-15lbs

In your original post, you stated wanted to make the rifle as heavy as possible.
If your barreled action weighs 20lbs, and Kyle has built rifles that are 20-24 pounds, then that only leaves 4 lbs for the stock.
You are contradicting yourself in saying that you want to build as heavy a rifle as you can, but only wanting to use a 4 lb stock.
Just sayin'.......

sorry In my head when I was typing I meant I wanted a rifle 20lbs+
I read some cheytac guys thought this was to heavy.

Hell my standard weight XHS repeaters with the Stiller TAC408 receiver and the XLR chassis stock will go well over 20 lbs once scoped with a bipod.

You say you want the rifle as heavy as possible but then you say you want a +20 lb rifle, that my friend is not an overly heavy rifle!!! There are a lot of conventional varmint rifles that push 20 lbs.

Need to decide where you want your rifle finished weight to be and then we could recommend a specific place to go for stock. To me, a heavy rifle is over 30 lbs. For that you would want a weighted McMillan or get Joel to set you up with one of his weighted Laminated wood stocks. The balance will be much better also as you will want to get some weight behind the receiver with a really heavy barrel so that the rifle rides even in the bags and so that recoil will be straightline and consistent.

I really do like the XLR stocks, used a lot of them but not sure they would be the best for a really heavy barrel choice. I would think they would feel a bit muzzle heavy at best.

I use a custom contoured barrel that is 1.350" at the shank for roughly 5" and then contours down to a muzzle diameter of roughly 0.900" at 33" length. With heavy 50 BMG style flutes from Lilja. With the much lighter Stiller TAC408 and a Bruce Baer 7 round DM system, my repeating XHS rifles with the XLR stock come in at around 22-23 lbs with NF NXS scope and 9-13 harris bipod installed.

This is about the heaviest I would recommend for use with the XLR stock. If your looking for heavier then this, you would be better served with a different stock design.

The BAT 2" is a fine receiver but you really have to pay attention to keeping the bolt lugs clean and well lubed. I prefer the Model MCT for my rifles in the 1.55"x8.5" single shot version.

Have made a few heavy rifles in the 60 to 75 lb class range with this receiver and they have worked well other then they are a crew fired weapon system to get into position!!!

27 pounds on a 2" Bat.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8a2dyzvo42nf2mm/2013-09-14 08.52.46.jpg
2013-09-14 2008.52.46.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts