Bass pro shop has bought out sportmans warehouse !

dgr416

I hate to hear that bass pro shop has boyght out sportsmans warehouse .They by far had the most reloading and ammo in their stores .They never sold any junk either .I always found what I was looking for when I lived in Alaska in their stores .Bass pro ruined cabelas clothsband other gear when they took them over too .I hate to see just one store owning all the sporting good and shooting supplies it's easier to lose the whole thing and they usually get their prices way higher .The people working at sportmans really knew their stuff too !

Well that sucks. I really dislike bass pro and really enjoyed sportsmans warehouse. Sportsmans has a much nice gun counter and carry brands like Christensen, fierce,kimber etc that bass pro never did. The folks at sportsmans actually have some knowledge on the product they sell. We could probably start a thread on the really stupid things we've heard and seen from the folks behind the counter at bass pro.

I'm hoping they don't cut selection and raise prices like they did with Cabela's, but I'm sure they will. The reloading section at Cabela's is a joke these days. I drive the extra 15 minutes to go to sportsman's where they are well stocked and prices are reasonable. I was still buying primers there for $25-$30 per 1k as recently as a month ago.

I was legitimately saddened when I read they were bought this morning. I also don't see how they can afford to keep all the locations open. Denver metro has a bass pro, a cabela's, and three sportsmans.

Bummer! Our S.W. went out of business several years back, and in about 2 years re-opened in the same store. We were most happy to see it back ! This buyout is sad news indeed. Might explain why S.W. hasn't had much ammo and reloading supplies, along with the run on those items. With this change, we won't have much to buy from, except expensive small stores.

The sportmans warehouse in Alaska pulled them out of bankruptcy .I always got good deals there and they sold no junk .The bass pro near my parents by the mall turned into a gay clothing store they reduced the hunting and gun and fishing stuff for stupid clothes to get mall people .I could as them at sportsmans to get me stuff and they did quick .I always got my powder and primers and bullets there .Cabelas got totally ruined by bas pro shop and now another store will !

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.