Basic Rifle Maintenance - Part 3 By Vince Bottomley

ADMIN

Administrator
In part one we covered the bolt, then the barrel in part 2, so now let's take a look at the action/stock.

Let's start with the action. Most actions will be retained in the stock with two or maybe three screws. This method of retention dates back well over a century so it looks as though someone got it right pretty early on. By removing the action-screws we can separate the barrelled-action from the stock. If your rifle has an integral box-magazine, be prepared for a few bits to jump out. You can pre-empt this by releasing the floor-plate – usually achieved by operating a catch near to the trigger-guard. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Basic Rifle Maintenance - Part 3, By Vince Bottomley. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Does anybody know which adjustable torque wrench, Wheeler's FAT or Weaver's, which is better?
I need some advice. The FAT does have a lot of negative reports, while Weaver's has only 2, which is positive, but not very helpful.

This is a thread for discussion of the article, Basic Rifle Maintenance - Part 3, By Vince Bottomley. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

hi vince this is nick dadamo, great article, is there anything in uk that i may make my blind mag in rifle into single feed shooting ? this ideas is to teach me keeping my head behind scope, via single feeding and using bullet block for bullets can you please let me know. cheers nick dadamo

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.