basic, but I need some help with a 308 rem 700

tctt3

It's an older ADL with the brass pin that I'd like to make a light weight mountain gun....or just make it a more valuable trader. Is it as simple as finding a nicer stock and buying the bottom metal? I see a lot advertised, but I wanted to make sure that was it. Thanks!

If you plan on trading it off I wouldn't do anything other than clean it up good and put a nic shin on the stock.

If you want to keep it then consider putting it in a good mountain rifle/light wight sporter type stock with either BDL bottom metal or an aftermarket DBM.

The extras won't add as much value on a trade as you put into them so whatever upgrades you do, do for yourself.

Yeah, I'd like to make it a light weight carrier. All of my "shooters" are pretty heavy. I've been watching the classifieds for a while, but all of the stocks coming across are for heavy/varmint barrels. Any suggestions on a good one for my application? Thanks.

Yeah, I'd like to make it a light weight carrier. All of my "shooters" are pretty heavy. I've been watching the classifieds for a while, but all of the stocks coming across are for heavy/varmint barrels. Any suggestions on a good one for my application? Thanks.
Lots of good choices out there depending on your budget.

Check out www.stockysstocks.com as they carry most of the more popular makes of stocks.

Again if the budget allows Manners and McMillan both make lightweight hunter versions.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.