Bases don't fit

sjadventures

Any suggestions?? I was out in the shop mounting the Nikon Monarch I had bought for my Savage 114 American Classic 300wm and the mounted rings are too far apart to allow clearance of the power adjustment knob and the front bell of the scope
frown.gif
I bought the Burris TU-2 piece Universal bases #410246 that the books said to buy for my gun but the rings are too far apart to allow clearance in between them for the Nikon Monarch scope. I called Burris but of course the tech guys were gone now until Monday morning. Any ideas? Anyone know what Burris bases I need for this gun since it is evident the 410246 are not going to work?

Normally, the problem that you are experiencing is corrected by using "extended" rings, not by changing the bases. That is, unless you are interested in trying a different scope with a longer tube.

Some scopes just don't work on some receivers when using standard rings & bases.

This has been a common problem with Nikon scopes on long action rifles. The two options would to go with the extension rings (as stated) or go with a reversible base.

This has been a common problem with Nikon scopes on long action rifles. The two options would to go with the extension rings (as stated) or go with a reversible base.

Which do you think is the better option? The extended base looks like it may extend back over the bolt some. I would really like to stay with the Nikon Monarch if possible. Does Burris Signature rings offer the extention rings?

Last edited:
Burris does not offer extention rings, but leupold does. They will work fine, I have some myself for the same problem.

Burris does offer extension rings, but not in the signature series. The base does hang over the bolt slightly, but I have not heard of any problems when ejecting a shell. This way you can go with your signature rings if you would like.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.