Base & Rings for Rem LTR

G

I just purchased a Leupold VX III 4.5-14x50 LR scope w/ IR to mount on an LTR. I'm wanting a tactical mount/rings and have been looking at Farrell one piece bases. What height rings would I need for the 50 mm objective to clear the barrel? I'd love to go the Badger route, but I might have to go with Warne or Leupold and see how they work before spending the extra cash since I'm also going to have some additional accurizing done to the LTR.

Any help is appreciated!

Rusty

If you want high quality and you dont mind waiting, TSR Rings and bases are the same quality as the Badger Ord at alot less. Problem is you usually need to wait a few weeks to get them anwyays. Here is a link to their stuff:

http://www.tacticalprecision.com/

I use the one piece steel base with the 30mm low TSR alloy steel rings and I can clear my 56mm USS from XOTIC with scope covers and room to spare. All the dimensions are also listed on the sight so you can do quick calulations for anything you may come across.

hehe and I hope you remember to bring your sunglasses to the range, as that 20" barrel has a 6 foot muzzle flash in front of it on the 308win and the 300 SAUM.

I really appreciate the help.

BTW....my LTR is the .223 variety. I bet the muzzle flash on the other two calibers is impressive, though!

Do many others on here use those bases & rings? I don't mind buying something I haven't heard about, but I like good feedback from others, too. I'll be sure to check out the site regardless.

Thanks again,

Rusty

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.