Base and Rings

Time Killer

Which ones do you like? I am building a 6.5 and a 300 and want to use the same 30mm setup on both. These will both be 1000 yd shooters with A series stocks if that matter.
Thanks for the input!

Which ones do you like? I am building a 6.5 and a 300 and want to use the same 30mm setup on both. These will both be 1000 yd shooters with A series stocks if that matter.
Thanks for the input!
Man there are so many good options it's hard to narrow down and such a wide range of prices between those options it's amazing.

I just put a leupold long action heavy duty 15 MOA base and Talley rings on my STW and really like them both.

I was going to go with Burris XTR rings on my AR .260 but may well go with the talley rings on it as well.

EGW also makes a good rail at a very reasonable price; about half that of the night force or some of the others and I don't see a difference in quality.

Leupold Mark 4 Rings are also absolutely excellent.

Thanks for the input!

If your scope has enough elevation to make 1k, I would go with Talley lightweights. If not, I would opt for a 20MOA rail and some rings to match. a lot of guys here like the Burris rings. I haven't used any, so I can't say much about them. I have been real happy with the Talley LWs for everything I've used them on.

Time Killer, I have used the Seekins 20moa bases on two different Rem. 700s. Also have their 30mm rings on one of those rifles. I'm very happy with that set-up. Idaho5r

I typically use either Badger Ordnance or Night Force one piece 20 moa rails and the same for rings. MK 4 rings are great as well. Lots of talk about Burris rings but I have not used them or the EGW rails. The Badger and NF stuff is expensive but you never have to worry about it!

+1 for EGW. Call them, tell them your set up and they can fix you up. Great products and nice folks to!

Ok, I have decided and ordered yesterday.
I got an EGW base for one set up (only had one in stock) and a TPS base for the other.
I went with the Seekins Precision rings for both. I will let you know how they work out.
Thank you again for all of your advice!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.