Bartlein carbon fiber wrapped

gusd

I got to take a look at a couple of their new carbon wrapped barrels a couple weeks ago. Really sharp looking they come in a couple different color options.
Was on their web site and noticed they actually have a few in stock. Sure wish I was ready to build a new rifle these things look awesome!

Black, White, Red ,Green

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 810
I know some of the barrel makers aren't turning their blanks down below a #4 contour.
They're leaving the last few inches at .900ish, then adding more weight with CF wrapping.
Doesn't really make much sense

Interesting.
Does anyone know if they are doing this "in house"???? Or, who is doing it for them.
The cooling properties Proof has are proprietary because of their resin and the way they are "woven" not wrapped, and it is a highly guarded resin matrix because they use it in their aerospace program as well.
Does anyone have details???

Interesting.
Does anyone know if they are doing this "in house"???? Or, who is doing it for them.
The cooling properties Proof has are proprietary because of their resin and the way they are "woven" not wrapped, and it is a highly guarded resin matrix because they use it in their aerospace program as well.

Interesting.

That's just the snake oil that Proof feeds to the masses.

Proof is just mass producing ABS barrels. Nothing special about any carbon fiber barrels.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.