Bartlein carbon barrel weight

8andbait

I'm always interested what blanks weigh, so here are two Barts I've had.

22" finish (23" when weighed)
#4 contour
.264 8 twist
3 lbs 2 7/8 oz
I'm going to have 3/4"-1" taken off the breech end and chambered in 6.5 creedmoor, should be around 46 oz when done.

I had a 24" finish (25" when weighed)
#4 contour
.308 10 twist
3 lbs 5 1/4 oz

The .308 was turned into a 300 PRC, after chamber and threading both ends it was 3 lbs 5/8 oz.

What does a steel barrel of same lenght and contours weigh compared to the carbons..
I'd like a noodle barreled carbon wrapped..really thin small diameter wrapped

Would you have any idea on the diameters of these and how they compare to the Proof sendero? I just recently got a stock that was inletted for the Proof but the barrel channel is a little large. This might give me the excuse to try one out that I've been looking for! Thanks

The contours are on Bartlein website.
The dimensions are the same for steel and carbon.

Figured I'd add to this thread. Both carbon barrels chambered in 6.5 SS with a threaded muzzle.

Proof Sendero 26" - 47.5 oz.
Bartlein #4 26" - 52 oz.

Note, the Bartlein weighed 5 oz. more before chambering and muzzle.

Figured I'd add to this thread. Both carbon barrels chambered in 6.5 SS with a threaded muzzle.

Proof Sendero 26" - 47.5 oz.
Bartlein #4 26" - 52 oz.

Note, the Bartlein weighed 5 oz. more before chambering and muzzle.

Copying you... building a 6.5SS for the Berger 153.5's - do you prefer one barrel over the other? How many shots before they heat up? Did you rent the reamer or use a smith with it in stock? Thanks.

I've got about 170 rounds down the Bartlein now and I can't say I prefer one over the other. They both are about the same speed. They heat up just like a steel barrel, in my opinion. Don't do anything with them differently than you'd tread a steel barrel.

I have a reamer and chambered myself.

^Great, thanks, I might skip the carbon in that case and go longer, med palma or so, if there is sufficient extra velocity to be had. Looking to run 153.5's @ ~3100 or so.

I can get the 156's to about 3080 with a slight ejector on some of the cases with N570. N565 and H1000 were a hair over 3000 before similar signs.

Sounds like 30" or simply be happy in the 3050 area... I'm trying to justify a 6.5 instead of another 7 or 30 cal, and the windage @ 1K and beyond gets less competitive under that 3100 number.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.