Bartlein 3b at the range

Not clear on the muzzle thread for the use with a 6.5 but with use of .30 mag calibers the minimum dimensions for a 5/8x24 is .725 barrel. At 26 inches a #4 Bartlein is .750 so 5/8x24 should work. The issue with mag calibers with smaller dimensions is belling. using a #3 most I have spoken with use a 9/16x24. I'm sure there are people on this site that are more familiar with the muzzle dimensions minimum appropriate for barrels . The Bartlein 3,3b,and the 4 all have the same breach dimensions the dimensions change at 6 inches forward.

I have a 3B. Its fine for the range and a great long range rifle. Rifle is about 10.5lbs but its barrel heavy. If I'm hunting off a atv or polaris ranger and not venturing very far on foot it's fine.. I'm i'm headed up into steep country or walking alot is not the best to carry because of the balance.

Figured I should update, since I got such great feedback. Dragged my feet and eventually the 3b sold out but they had a Kreiger #5 which has the exact same specs, according to their websites. Now just to decide on coatings…

Barrel Cooler that really works. $39 at Home Depot if you already have battery.

Attachments

• AA56078C-DFF6-4B2F-A669-D792B2262EDA.jpeg
    AA56078C-DFF6-4B2F-A669-D792B2262EDA.jpeg
    984.1 KB · Views: 111
Do the metal work there - if any stock and paint work relax, it could be a loooong time.
This is 100% the situation. Barrel cut and install and inletting being done there. Glass bedding was going to add a LOT of time. Although, now you've got me wondering if I misunderstood on the inletting.

This is 100% the situation. Barrel cut and install and inletting being done there. Glass bedding was going to add a LOT of time. Although, now you've got me wondering if I misunderstood on the inletting.
FYI - with all parts provided, to chamber, inlet, bed and paint took just over 12 months, got it back couple months ago. I didn't plan on getting it bedded but after 9 months I had missed fall so said go ahead and bed at same time. Bedding was top notch. If they bed they inlet deeper to leave room for thicker bedding . If you don't have them bed you get a tight fitting inlet - but I figured I'd have do some more work around the tang to allow room for bedding.

Good info. I'll be honest, if it's going to take that much longer than my quoted time then I'll take it back and have someone out here do the inletting.
Yea I thought I was gonna make out like a bandit - they had flattop in stock, get it inlet and avoid 6 month wait at manners and I'd be up shooting in a month or two. Nope.

Hello,

I'm looking to put a 6mm Bartlein barrel on my X-bolt with a Game scout stock. It will be mostly for the shooting range but I'd like it to be capable for hunting as well. I've read a lot on the different contours but it looks like the stock isn't recommended for anything larger than a 4 or 5 contour.

My question is, does anybody use a 3B for the range and if so, how bad does it heat up vs a regular hunting barrel in 2 or 3 contour?
6 BR .243 6MM Rem. have different powder amounts......more powder more heat........good barrel should do five shots, maybe more.........heavy varmint 6BR does 10 easily.

Does anybody have a 3b at 26" they would be able to weigh or measure the diameter at muzzle?

I'm seeing a wide range of actual weights and diameter at the muzzle both in this thread and online.