Barska Scope users/reviews?

dskinner103

I know we are supposed to support those who advertise on this site so the rest of us can enjoy each others information and advice at no cost and I try to do so. The question I have is are there any hunters/300 yard BR shooters using Barska scopes and how are they working? How can they offer so much for so little considering what I just paid for a Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5x10/50 IR.
Thank you everyone for your input.

I have only owned one. I took it back to the store. Very poor excuse for a scope as far as I am concerned at any price. It was on a 17 fireball and with this scope the rifle shot its worst ever groups. I replaced it with a Vortex Viper and am very happy. Now shoots ragged holes again.

JMO

Jeff

I bought a Barska binocular some years ago, it was pure junk. Took it back immediately and got a refund. Save your $$. Don't buy cheap optics. You will get what you pay for.

Thank you for your input. Your reply is what I was expecting. I know there a few members who have had good results but it seems the members here and at 6mmbr have the same opinions. I think I will opt for a Vortex.
Thanks again.

Bought a new Barska Rifle scope that shot 1.5 inch groups at 300 yards....could have been me? 6X24X44 ?

Worked the top turret several times and got it down to .79 inches at 300 yards! with a Rem 700 Varmint barrel in 22.250?

Bought a 10X40X X44 Sniper Barska and dialed it up and down 200 times......Now shooting 1.26 goups at 300 yards with a REM .308 Win Varmint!...Changed to a Nikon BDC 3X9 and now shooting half inch goups at 100 yards.

Could it be the grease they use?....the temp we shoot at?...Somthing is wrong......But it can be fixed? Mine are woking fine above -20! with a lot of working up and down!

Bought Nikon scopes and am now shooting half inch groups at 300 yards using the BDC reticles! If you know your bullet speed your 99% accurate!

Arty

I bought my first ever Nikon for the CVA Accura V2 I got a few weeks ago. I wanted to as closely match my shooting partner's CVA as possible so I bought one and I'm disapointed. The scope is fine optically, but the adjustments are very stiff, not at all what I'm accustomed to in a Leupold or a Vortex. I thought it was broken at first but my hunting partner's adjusts the same....

On the subject of cheap end scopes. I bought a Tru-Glo a while back for a 22 Ruger and I was amazed at the clarity and the tracking. It's only a 3-9 fixed parallelax but it was a whopping 60 bucks or less than a fill up of gasoline.

Yep, I had a true glow also. It died after a couple of months but was capable of moa with a ruger 10-22 with bulk ammo. The turrets on the 6-24x went wacky and I used for a hammer. Worked better as a hammer than as a scope(lasted longer). Get at least a mid-line scope and it'll go for decades. The only other scope I've broken was an old elite 3000(bushy-baush& lomb) that I had on a lightweight 375h@h-- shoot it apart and it went cloudy-- they gave me a new elite 3200 as a replacement.

Never went barska; I'd have to have someone else go into the store to buy it for me, possibly on a dare.

Yep, I had a true glow also. It died after a couple of months but was capable of moa with a ruger 10-22 with bulk ammo. The turrets on the 6-24x went wacky and I used for a hammer. Worked better as a hammer than as a scope(lasted longer). Get at least a mid-line scope and it'll go for decades. The only other scope I've broken was an old elite 3000(bushy-baush& lomb) that I had on a lightweight 375h@h-- shoot it apart and it went cloudy-- they gave me a new elite 3200 as a replacement.

Never went barska; I'd have to have someone else go into the store to buy it for me, possibly on a dare.

At least I know what to expect......:D

There is no recoil on the 10-22 to speak of so I was hoping my 60 bucks would go a ways.....

The really cheap scopes have no guarantee either.

I think we all succumb to the call of cheap ocassionally......

At least I know what to expect......:D

There is no recoil on the 10-22 to speak of so I was hoping my 60 bucks would go a ways.....

The really cheap scopes have no guarantee either.

I think we all succumb to the call of cheap ocassionally......
I put a 4x bushnell 22 scope back on my 10-22 and it's been fine for a few years now. I had originally put the truglow on a ar for load workups, and when I was done with a few of those I went back to peeps on the ar. I don't like using a handle mount, so I moved it off the ar pretty quickly. Re-sighted for the 22 lr and played with a couple of different brands with it and one of the turrets got tipsy and fell off. Even at $60 I felt cheated; I'd go with a used scope before I try a bottom line again.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts