• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Barreled Actions

Longtime member who follows the rules…..was first to commit to buying the 7SS only to get a PM from EPirates43 essentially asking if Carter is a scammer because he too was buying the rifle. He then essentially confirmed he had texted him after my message. Well, came to find out it was a free for all, and "whoever" pays first, regardless of "I'll take it", which is time stamped, rules……and after being a longtime member who follows the rules, didn't think this behavior was permitted. Len, sending you a PM for your take. Thx!

Yep, just doing my diligence while I was waiting to hear back from Carter….but I never waivered from my "I'll take it", especially after your confirmation.

Other than the barreled action I bought. I have no skin in this fight but I've put in bold Len's rules for the classifieds. As far as when an item is "claimed".

Tips for Buyers:

• Know what you are buying!
  • Ask for detailed pictures, recently taken, and with as much identifying information as possible.
  • Verify any contact information (besides just an email).
  • Know the value and condition before claiming an item.
  • Ask for an inspection period particularly if it's an expensive item.
  • Insist on trackable payments/shipping to verify where items are.
  • Use secure payment methods, Paypal, credit cards if possible.
  • Check to see if the user has any feedback ratings at the top of the thread posting.
  • Unless payment has been made, the item is not "claimed".
  • You can get a pretty good sense of someone's character on the phone.
  • Use our Buyers And Sellers Feedback forum - here.

Tips for Sellers:

• Include clear photos detailing condition and showing brand, model numbers, etc.
  • Never send an item without receiving a cleared payment.
  • Ensure your item travels well, so pack it up appropriately.
  • Get tracking on your shipment, and provide it to the buyer asap.
  • Always include shipping insurance in your posting.
  • Check to see if the user has any feedback ratings at the top of the thread posting.
  • Unless payment has been made, the item is not "claimed".
  • You can get a pretty good sense of someone's character on the phone.
  • Use our Buyers And Sellers Feedback forum - here.
  • Let users know if you are posting your listing on multiple sites.

Its Frank's snipershide that goes by timestamp. It's nuts to call it when funds received, if a guy wants cert funds, he would have 5-10 guys with "checks in the mail" before its claimed I guess...been lucky enough to not have issues I guess.

Its Frank's snipershide that goes by timestamp. It's nuts to call it when funds received, if a guy wants cert funds, he would have 5-10 guys with "checks in the mail" before its claimed I guess...been lucky enough to not have issues I guess.
I would think the best way too. Post in the thread "I'll take it" or if need more info, "PM Sent". "I'll take it" should trump, "PM Sent".

Yep, it's a pretty bad process here! The whole 'not claimed until paid' rule creates situations where the seller could ask multiple people to pay…then it becomes a derby! For me, this was more about integrity. My time stamped "I'll take it" was clearly posted and time stamped but the buyer swooped in after. I would not have done that but we also live in a crazy world these days.