barrel weight??

Nicholas

anyone know how much this barrel would weigh approx?

338 cal.
fluted 30 inch with KDF break
1.25 for first 5 inches of barrel straight tapered down to .90 at the muzzle?

No Fear in Accuracy

According to Lilja, my stainless steel barrel weigh around 9.5 to 10lbs with 1.35" full barrel all the way to 36". The cal. is 338. Yours would probably around 5-6lbs. Someone else might give your more specific weight.

I'm not sure if the blue and the SS are similar weight of the same size???

-Denny
338 Tomahawkallthewaay

Lostsheep

I think it will likely be around the 7-8 pound range.
I just contoured a .30 cal barrel, 4 inches 1.20 dia. streight taper to .875 and it weighs about 5# 12oz. its only 27"long

Rus

my 338RCM is 20" ABS carbon barrel the whole rifle with scope is 6 1/2 lbs

D.ID

pacnor's web site has a weight estimating calculator for custom contours. I can not attest to it's accuracy but should give you an Idea.

IdahoCTD

Official LRH Sponsor

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce