Barrel twist

Taz

Hey ya'll!

I need some info on barrel twists for 30 cal. JLK 190 & 210. I know the 10 twist is norm, but would the 11 twist be better?
confused.gif

Taz -- I forgot to ask the bullet length, so try this formula--
(180 x bullet dia x bullet dia)/ bullet length = rate of spin. If your velocity is below 2800 fps, use 150 instead of 180 as your constant. CJ

Chris,

What formula do you use to determine your first number ( 180 or 150 ) versus Velocity?

I was thinking that with the formula you gave, I might be able to reverse it when working up new loads. With a known twist, it might help me look for a specific window of velocity for best bullet performance. But I can't find how your beginning numbers relate to the bullets speed.

Tim-- Good Question-- I pulled it off of one of the ballistics sites and I don't remember which one. I'll try to find it and get back to you. I don't remember seeing the formula, just the numbers given as constants. I'll try to look it up tonight. Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.