Barrel twist Question

I am new to hand loading and long range shooting. I am looking at loading some .308 Berger 210gr VLD bullets for my Ruger 30-06 M77 which has 1/10 twist ratio. On the Berger website they reccommend a 1/11 twist or faster for this bullet. Can some one tell me if 1/10 is faster or slower than 1/11?

Has anyone out there used a 210 VLD berger load in this same gun? If so I would love to hear what the details of the recipe are?

Thanks

Texasmeathunter

1/10 is faster than 1/11. 1/10 means one turn in 10". The bullet completes one revolution one inch sooner than a 1/11 barrel = higher rotational velocity.

Texasmeathunter;
I shot some 210's last year out of a win m70 using R22 and R17. Seated into the lands @ 3.55" they went 2580 into less than 1/2 moa with R22. I didn't spend too much time with them as I was more interested in using them in a 300WBY. The one load of R17 was seated to magazine length and grouped 1 moa with a very mild load @ 2500. I may try to find the upper end with this powder. It might get the speed up to something useful. I used the 210's in the 300 on a couple of deer and the jury is still out on them. I only had one hit that I thought they performed well on and that was a head shot .YMMV ...........Cliff

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.