Barrel tuners?

The ATS is the one Im thinking about. Just got leery when some videos said 2 weeks after tuning they went to shoot and it wasn't .5 moa anymore but 1.5moa. But sounds like your guys are not experiencing that kind of shift. I can understand small shifts my handload tunes do that to.

Yeah sometimes that's user error. They are real easy to use but just plan to play with it at the range a little. The ATS works really well.

I
look at the EC tuner by Eric Cortina, works great have not had a group move period. My 6.5 saum shoots very good but I was getting about .440 out of it. I tried seating depth, and about everything I could. The tuner with the same load work up shoots .250 or less.
For those using the EC tuner, are you using only on bench guns or hunting too. Wondering how tight they hold once setup. I see they are deisgned to be hand turned but what about in hunting situations. I use the limbsavers where I can but sometimes they dont seem stable or effective on certain guns, typically those that are not free float and have the barrel supports in the stock.

I have the EC tuner brake and it has set screws to lock it in place. When tuning just have them snugged up but you should be able to turn it by hand. Once you get your tune tighten them down and you should be good to go.

The ATS has a set screw also. Loosened when tuning then lock it down.

I just received an EC Tuner Brake for a Christmas present. Anxious to see how it works on a new build I'm working on. Any advice or thoughts appreciated.

Remembering the days of old.

Many years ago 1991 in fact. I bought a Winchester m70 with the boss in 338 win mag. Really worked well.
Bought a hell of a lot of the hornady heavy mag ammo then at $24 a box.

Saw the boss on Brownings and Winchesters back then.

On the ATS the directions specifically warn not to tighten 2 or 3 lock screws, but only 1.

Something about it causing long term malfunctions or stripping of the lock screws if more than 1 is used.

It only takes 1. My Lapua is a beast and it stays put w 1

You have to follow the instructions for the limbsavers. It need to be on the end of barrel on a free float. Super ugly

I just received an EC Tuner Brake for a Christmas present. Anxious to see how it works on a new build I'm working on. Any advice or thoughts appreciated.
Keep us posted.....looking hard at this one with a brake included.

I know they work. But my question is how well will they hold the group using them on centerfire rifles? Some write ups seem to say day to day they can change from .5 moa to 1.5 moa, that seems extreme to me. Are they more likely to go out of tune than a handload if so why?
It will hold fine. It's barrel temp, powder stability and ambient temp that will affect POI shifts