Barrel Sock for heavy barrel

Iron Worker

I have a polished Stainless steel varmint heavy BBL.I know they have camo socks for sporter bbls But what about Heavy BBLs.So how,wear,when,what do I have to do to get one? Don't want to bead blast it,if I don't half to.Its the season of heavy yote coats now! Don't want to send the rifle anywhere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

$4 will get you a roll of camo tape. It sticks well, even after getting wet and can be peeled off when needed. It does take some brake or carb cleaner to get the glue residue off of the barrel.
Or if you can't find a sock for a heavy barrel, find some hottie that can sew and have her 'help' you make one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Iron Worker
Some one makes a camo shrink wrap type material that just slides over the barrel then heat with a blow dryer. Not sure who makes it but I thought I saw it in a Cabelas mag.
I'll see if I can find it again an post some info.
Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.