Barrel Recommendation?

Maybe I would be better off buying the UUK and the LaRue lower ($1000), build my rifle and like you said, have leftover for another project another time (which would leave me almost exactly where I am) or sell what I'm not gonna be using (which is more likely)

Jump into this very interesting stream of discussion. I myself am debating whether to buy a complete upper from reputable company such as compass lake, or build one myself. I have assembled lowers before but never an upper. I don't plan to do many builds in the future either. Is it worth to go through the learning curve myself (besides the fun part of building), or do I anticipate to build an upper the first time I do it with good accuracy (as long as I buy top tier parts and learn carefully on every critical step)?

I know no one can guarantee results, but would lobe to hear you guys' personal experience.

You can contact Rainier Arms in Washington (state), and you can pick out all the parts with them on the phone, and they will assemble your upper for a very small fee.