Barrel life Spreadsheet

Mikecr

I see wildcat designers struggling to estimate resultant barrel life from a given cartridge. A few years ago, I put this spreadsheet together to help me do just that. Based on posted experiences at many forums, it appears to work pretty well. Try it out & let me know if tweaking is in order.
http://www.angelfire.com/id/psycho/images/Barrel_life.xls
(may have to open second browser & copy/paste into address)

Did you copy the link and paste it in the tool bar thingy at the top of the screen. That is how I got it to open.

It calculates that my 6x284 will last 859 rounds.
I've got 2632 rounds through it and it shoots better than it did at 500 rounds.
Could be the Hart Stainless Barrel that has given it extra life.

It said my 280AI would only last 1400rds......guess i used up 1/7th of those on fireforming..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

In other words...WHATEVER!!!!!

I sure would like to tweak the program for barrels such as yours. That way I could expect 4000rnds from a 243, and my 6br would shoot even better 9000rnds from now. But I'm just not the lucky guy who could outlast everyone.
It would however, account more accurately for the performances achieved by my local SKS rednecks. I mean these guys can still somehow shred appliances from 50ft after doing a CASE of ammo in one sitting. Their accurate barrel life has got to run, what...20cases?
****, thats alot of green brass for me to wade through.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts