Barrel length recommendations for 6.5 PRC and Suppressor

jhollif

Looking to have a 6.5 PRC custom rifle made which will eventually carry a suppressor. Haven't settled on a suppressor candidate yet which may make my question a little premature. Thinking a 22" barrel may offer a good blend for ballistics and balance / weight. What experiences do you all have with similar builds? How did you go, would you change anything? Which suppressor would you choose?

Thanks

It will all depend on your suppressor and what pressures it can take. Have a Can in mind? I prefer TBAC. You will want to see minimum lengths your can can support and base your decision for the Can and barrel length based upon that.

I'm shooting 6.5 prc 18" barrel, RexSilentium MG10 rated full auto and no restrictions on barrel length 0876DD5E-2AC2-4DDD-9DE1-BFB992339511.jpegand Multiple caliber. Mine is 30 caliber because I use it on a 300 ultra mag and other rifles, but that's just me trying to save money for multi calibers. This is it on my 300 blackout.

I went with a 22" barrel and I'm very happy. It had to wear my Hybrid this year because my Ultra 7 hadn't cleared. I'm still getting 2880 FPS with factory Hornady 147 Match
6EA8E286-9232-42F7-B5A9-3A56EE097F25.jpeg

I had a 6.5 SAUM @ 28" and I cut to 24" when I got a suppressor. Surprisingly, I had almost no velocity loss. Had a friend with a 24" 6.5 PRC and he cut it down to 22" and lost about a 25 to 30 fps.. I know some gun companies say go even shorter. For me, carrying a 26" barrel with 2" brake is reasonably long. Subtract 7" for a suppressor and its down to 21". I'm going to leave my barrels at 24" for a few years to see how they ride.

You will be good with 22". I'm running that with TBAC Ultra 7 and 156 Berger's around 2900 MV. I am using a LP med action so I no issues with bullets length.