Barrel for 300 win mag

littlebear

I have to replace the barrel on my 300 win mag.
Would like a stainless, what is your experience with stainless barrels, who make good ones.
I normaly shoot with 200 gr. accubond ore the 210 gr. Berger.
:)

I have to replace the barrel on my 300 win mag.
Would like a stainless, what is your experience with stainless barrels, who make good ones.
I normaly shoot with 200 gr. accubond ore the 210 gr. Berger.
:)

Lots to choose from, Lilja, Benchmark, Broughton, Rock, Shilen, PacNor, Kreiger, Bartlein, McGowen, just to name a few. Get 1:10" in 26" or longer and you're golden.

Lots to choose from, Lilja, Benchmark, Broughton, Rock, Shilen, PacNor, Kreiger, Bartlein, McGowen, just to name a few. Get 1:10" in 26" or longer and you're golden.

Any of these ^^^^
Personally, I have Lilja and Hart, but any above are good.

Cheers.
gun)

I used a #3 Brux on mine. Shoots the 215's incredible. Only problem with the #3 is it was hard to put a brake on it (a little to skinny).

I used a #3 Brux on mine. Shoots the 215's incredible. Only problem with the #3 is it was hard to put a brake on it (a little to skinny).

What's the OD at the muzzle? I have a .625" (IIRC) in .300 WM that has Holland's QD brake on it and is very effective. CSR also has something similar.

I don't remember off hand. I did put a Holland QD brake on it as well. It tames the recoil nicely, just has a bulge look to the end of the barrel. I wanted to keep the weight down on this build. It finishes at 10 lb 2Oz with a 5-20X56 NF SHV.

I don't remember off hand. I did put a Holland QD brake on it as well. It tames the recoil nicely, just has a bulge look to the end of the barrel.

I know what you mean ...

1024091042b.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.