Barrel cooling methods? Chamber Chiller Pro vs The Original Barrel Cooler

I tried the water down barrel this week. The 2 liter soda bottle with napa oil filler clear hose screwed on was perfect fit for my nylon chamber guide. Worked so perfect. 1/2 bottle cooled to ambient in a minute.

But two shots later back to square one. The barrel fan much more practical at moderate air temps ( I was 70 degrees)

I shoot on BLM land and my truck is right beside me. I just shoot, leave the bolt open and get in my truck, close all the vents but one, crank the AC on high at lowest temperature and stick the end of the barrel up to it.

has anyone on here tried the rifle kuhl?
Yes and I was very underwhelmed. It's doesn't flow much air and the battery (CR123 Lithium) only lasts for 2.5'ish hours.

I returned it and bought a Chamber Chiller Pro that can run from a USB power bank. I havent received it yet but I'll report back after I get a chance to use it.

This is what the cheap air mattress pump looks like setup.

It flows a decent amount of air and will run for several hours before it needs a recharge.

BF52B207-3E68-45D0-8E7F-6D28DE9984FB.jpeg
A3E4847F-104E-4541-BA33-97C89C31279A.jpeg

I have been reading here on cooling barrels. So I am going to CO2 20lb tank, regulator, hose and bore guide for about $250.00. I looked at all the other items to cool barrels. They didn't seem to cut the mustard.

I have been reading here on cooling barrels. So I am going to CO2 20lb tank, regulator, hose and bore guide for about $250.00. I looked at all the other items to cool barrels. They didn't seem to cut the mustard.
I have a CO2 setup for tire filling but don't like cost and hassle of filling bottles. The amazon fan above I got for $12. Two of those is fair solution for air temps below 70.
I use the ryobi blower from home depot with 2 batteries which gas twice the air flow and will last longer. Going to explore drawing cold air with that through ice chest to cool better at higher ambient temps. Air below 70 it works well - 4 min cooling between shots with Lapua AI.

Anyone try spraying a can of liquid air down the barrel. That stuff is pretty cold and clean.
Doesn't do much unless you turn upside down and put liquid CO2 in barrel. Takes a couple minutes of blasting air to cool barrel. A can might cool it for a shot or 2 at most.

This ryobi blower from Home Depot is easiest for me currently.

Attachments

• 89D0FF04-C52D-4EB5-9E21-9143991A9941.jpeg
    89D0FF04-C52D-4EB5-9E21-9143991A9941.jpeg
    984.1 KB · Views: 81
I have a CO2 setup for tire filling but don't like cost and hassle of filling bottles. The amazon fan above I got for $12. Two of those is fair solution for air temps below 70.
I use the ryobi blower from home depot with 2 batteries which gas twice the air flow and will last longer. Going to explore drawing cold air with that through ice chest to cool better at higher ambient temps. Air below 70 it works well - 4 min cooling between shots with Lapua AI.
What size of bottle?