Barrel contour?

So my two builds in planning are ish similar. To what you are planning. Not sure if you have the other details sorted out. I want Stainless, cut rifling, 5R, gain twist that kind of narrows things down. I'll be using Bartlein or Rock Creek for these.

1 - Kimber 84M in 6.5CM they come with a really light profile 22". Shank is 1.050" might be able to get away with 1.060" I want to run a 24" and if I optimize the shank length to just past the case shoulder then adjust the barrel taper to the weight and muzzle diameter should get pretty close. 7 (possibly 7.5) Twist Rock Creek on this one as far as I know Bartlein won't go this light with SS. All rock creek cut rifle barrels have a slight gain twist with their setup.

2 - Montana Rifle Co Action in 300 PRC. 26" length. Similar approach but should be more likely to be "off the shelf" or at least close to profile. I've looked at the Bartlein Carbon but not sure the stock can take that larger diameter. Lots to consider. I'll brake this one for sure and looking at the Terminator T1+ or T2. Carbon barrel would allow a bigger brake to look better.

I have a couple of these run on the spreadsheet I'll share when I get to the files from my computer.

FWIW if you look at Bartlein's Sporter contours the #4 though quite heave has a fairly fast/steeper 0.0125"/in taper rather than the 0.010"/in on most of the others. Take that contour and drop the muzzle diameter and keep the taper. It's interesting to see what all the changes do to weight.
Yes , I've thought about how to adjust, length, contour and weight to try to get the best accuracy with less weight. Accuracy is key.

For my 7-08 lightweight build, I was aiming for appx. 7lbs and came in just under at 6lb-13oz scoped. Shoots great and is very quick handling.

20" Rock Creek SS #2 sporter with a 1" shank
Stiller Predator SA with fluted bolt
McMillan Edge in Rem. Mtn. Rifle pattern
PT&G Alum. BDL bottom metal with Wyatt's ext. mag box
Jewell Trigger @ 2.5
Bushnell Elite 4200, 2.5-10x40
Talley LWs
Good info and parts list
Thanks

Never used a suppressor , I know Id like one , I have 2 AG stocks on the way

I had high hopes for this rifle being accurate and light and hopefully proof will spin a new barrel for me if that is the case. Bottom line is bartlein has never gave me any trouble. Maybe bartlein carbon barrels will just as good as their steel barrels.

I had high hopes for this rifle being accurate and light and hopefully proof will spin a new barrel for me if that is the case. Bottom line is bartlein has never gave me any trouble. Maybe bartlein carbon barrels will just as good as their steel barrels.
I dont think they would do anything to mess with a real good reputation

Are you talking about Remington? The last purchase of Remington by a no nothing company destroyed a wonderful old American company. Now Remington is in Bancrupcy for a second time in a very short time and are trying to sell the company to one of the Indian nations.

They will no doubt do a better job than the old owners.

I also wonder how the purchase by an American Indian nation will effect the 2nd. Amendment???

Are you talking about Remington? The last purchase of Remington by a no nothing company destroyed a wonderful old American company. Now Remington is in Bancrupcy for a second time in a very short time and are trying to sell the company to one of the Indian nations.

They will no doubt do a better job than the old owners.

I also wonder how the purchase by an American Indian nation will effect the 2nd. Amendment???

Lol, it's sad to see Remington ownership go offshore, but thankfully 2A doesn't depend on them and neither do most of us anymore!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.