Barrel contour of model 70’s

TBuckus

Would anyone off hand know the stock barrel contour of model 70's?

I have a post 64 model 70 in 338wm that I'm planning on rebarreling to 7rem mag
I'm not planning on doing anything fancy with this rifle. Mostly a backup rifle for myself or the kids.
I want to keep the factory stock so keeping the same barrel contour would be nice.
Thanks

Bartlein should be # 3 or sporter magnum. I have a new takeoff from a 264WM Extreme Weather if you want to go that way. CRF stainless fluted so you might have to cerakote to match receiver/ barrel. $150.00 plus freight. 26". Check w/ your smith but I believe New Haven and Utah M-70s will interchange.

Bartlein should be # 3 or sporter magnum. I have a new takeoff from a 264WM Extreme Weather if you want to go that way. CRF stainless fluted so you might have to cerakote to match receiver/ barrel. $150.00 plus freight. 26". Check w/ your smith but I believe New Haven and Utah M-70s will interchange.
My gunsmithing knowledge is not that great but mine is push feed, not CRF. I'm guessing that will make a difference?

Yes. No extractor cut on yours. You might consider a 3B contour and open the barrel channel of your stock. I most always replace w/ 3B or 4 contours from factory sporters.

If you're ordering a blank, why not just see if they have factory contour in their programs. I guarantee Dan Lilja or Pac Nor has it but would think Bartlein, Rock Creek, etc. do as well. Many of the barrel makers do not charge extra for a pre-cataloged contour.