Barrel contour- 3 different Rem vsrmints/sendero

matt_3479

I am looking at ordering a 30. Cal benchmark barrel for my up coming 300. Win mag re-build/build. Problem is, there is 3 very similar barrels and not sure why would one be beneficial over the other

Remington sendero has a 3" shank, and a .857 muzzle
Remington Vermint has a 2" shank and a .817 muzzle
And BHV has a 3" shank and a .819 muzzle.

And all weighing in a 4.6#'s

Could someone tell me why would a company make 3 barrels so similar and the benefits to going one route over the other

Finish length will either be 26" or 28" (leaning on trying the 28"),

I am looking at ordering a 30. Cal benchmark barrel for my up coming 300. Win mag re-build/build. Problem is, there is 3 very similar barrels and not sure why would one be beneficial over the other

Remington sendero has a 3" shank, and a .857 muzzle
Remington Vermint has a 2" shank and a .817 muzzle
And BHV has a 3" shank and a .819 muzzle.

And all weighing in a 4.6#'s

Could someone tell me why would a company make 3 barrels so similar and the benefits to going one route over the other

Finish length will either be 26" or 28" (leaning on trying the 28"),

they can't be all the same weight unless they are different lengths.

3" shank 0.857mz > 2" shank 0.817mz... thats obvious as can be.

The 3" shank will only give you more setback room or more overall setbacks. Other than that you will never know the difference, so the 3 barrels will be indistinguishable.

I can't answer your question. But give chris a call at benchmark and he will answer all the questions you have. I had lots of questions for him when I bought my barrel and he was very helpful.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.