Barrel Cleaning

I would guess we all enjoy shooting much more than cleaning. I would like to know how many rounds some of you guys shoot through your rifles before you clean the barrel ? I try to clean every 10 to 15 rounds. Is that good/bad?...........
I shoot bench rest only and after 40 rounds accuracy seems to start falling off. I suppose different powders might change that. Since I'm always experimenting with different powders it's easier for me to quit after 40 rounds. Barrel temperature climbs pretty fast out of my 22-250 so I always feel the barrel about 7-10 inches past the chamber. I never allow it to feel uncomfortable. Depending on the ambient temperature as the sun climbs higher barrel temp rises fast & faster. Sometimes it takes me 3 hours to shoot 40 rounds. I've been thinking about getting one of the barrel cool devises that I've seen on the Internet. Chamber Chiller & Barrel Cool come to mind.
I think one of them will be my Xmas present.
Do a search on the Internet....... They're easy to find.

I would guess we all enjoy shooting much more than cleaning. I would like to know how many rounds some of you guys shoot through your rifles before you clean the barrel ? I try to clean every 10 to 15 rounds. Is that good/bad?...........
Depends on the rifle but once I have one dialed in for the season unless I have a problem I won't touch it until afterwards.

My truck guns get cleaned once or twice a year when they get too dirty to function properly.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.