Barrel break - in ??? What do you do ???

I am mistaken ... I was looking at the specs of a 308 inadvertently... the correct rate of twist IS INDEED 1:8 ...
Well, I already downloaded it so I might as well post it ...

Savage 110 High Country 6.5 CM barrel twist.JPG

Savages shoot well but can be a bit rough in the bore. I would shoot and clean for the first 10. If you handload or have someone that does get this kit
Load this with a starting load for the bullet weight follow the instructions and it will make cleaning a joy

Savages shoot well but can be a bit rough in the bore. I would shoot and clean for the first 10. If you handload or have someone that does get this kit
Load this with a starting load for the bullet weight follow the instructions and it will make cleaning a joy
interesting !!

I've been shooting for about 60 years now and have found the easiest way to polish a bore, after all, that's basically what a break-in does, is the old bench rest shooters trick of Kroil and JB's bore paste. It can be found online just about anywhere. Just do a web search, it'll be there. Seems to work great for me and you don't have to burn up a bunch of expensive ammo and time. Hope this helps.

I pick the bullet planned to use and load 50 virgin brass with a starting charge weight with plenty of bullet jump. Shoot 1, clean for the first 5, then shoot 2 clean, shoot 3 clean, and follow that pattern until the 50 are shot (last two groups are 8, then 10 to finish). During the loading process though the first 20-30 I'll load at a long jump but then I'll start adjusting seating depth longer and longer to see if there's a seating length that shows some promise. After the 50, barrel is broken in, virgin brass fire formed, and typically I've indicated a seating depth range to start load development. Just my method, not sure if it's any better or worse than others posted but seems to work for me and gets some load development started. Fun to see how many methods there are out there.

I've been shooting for about 60 years now and have found the easiest way to polish a bore, after all, that's basically what a break-in does, is the old bench rest shooters trick of Kroil and JB's bore paste. It can be found online just about anywhere. Just do a web search, it'll be there. Seems to work great for me and you don't have to burn up a bunch of expensive ammo and time. Hope this helps.
Thank you !!! going to look into it

I pick the bullet planned to use and load 50 virgin brass with a starting charge weight with plenty of bullet jump. Shoot 1, clean for the first 5, then shoot 2 clean, shoot 3 clean, and follow that pattern until the 50 are shot (last two groups are 8, then 10 to finish). During the loading process though the first 20-30 I'll load at a long jump but then I'll start adjusting seating depth longer and longer to see if there's a seating length that shows some promise. After the 50, barrel is broken in, virgin brass fire formed, and typically I've indicated a seating depth range to start load development. Just my method, not sure if it's any better or worse than others posted but seems to work for me and gets some load development started. Fun to see how many methods there are out there.
Sounds reasonable and well thought out ... I don't handload yet ... I do have a lock n load system but have yet to set it up... The Federal Gold Match 168 grain shot so well out of my 308, that I bought a case of ammo and kinda put handloading on the back burner.... Then went through some medical issues and picked up a BAR in 243 for the softer recoil...... Gonna get around to the handloading one day though.

As I posted a couple of days ago, I have a new Savage 110 High Country in 6.5 Creedmoor .. For those who may not be familiar with this rifle, it has a spiraled fluted heavy barrel with a 1:10 RH twist .. I plan on sighting in this rifle Sunday or Monday with Federal Match 140 ELD. (I plan to use the Hornady Precision Hunter 143 ELD-X for any whitetail hunting.)

My question is how would YOU break this barrel in ???
No special routine.