Barrel Block for 50 cal.

ncharter

Sorry I don't have much knowledge of the barrel bedding block system having never put one together or used a rifle with one on it so I have a few questions. I was wondering if it was possible to use the barrel bedding block system for attaching a 50bmg barreled action to a stock? I wasn't sure if the epoxy bond between the block and the barrel would be strong enough to handle the recoil of a 50 out of a straight tube 36" 50 barrel(9 inch block). If you did indeed need to bed and secure the action to the stock, would this defeat the purpose of the bedding block? In any case I am starting a new 50 cal project and would welcome any hints from you 50 lovers out there, useful barrel lengths, brakes etc. If anyone has completed guns and doesn't mind posting pics, I would appreciate it. Thank you for all the help in advance....

Nick

Nick,
Someone posted on here recently their fifty was epoxied in and has no problems, can't remember the blocks length though.

I would suspect that some of the bigger cartridges with no muzzle brakes recoil much harder than the 50 BMG that has a good brake.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts