Barnes TTSX in the 7mm08

COhntr

My wife is wanting to try the 140gr TTSX in her weatherby vanguard and i was wondering if anyone has shot the ttsx or any barnes product in the 7-08. This is her primary deer/elk rifle. Thank's in advance for any info

I am shooting the 145 grain LRX now but i used to shoot the 140 ttsx in my 7mm-08. IMO the 145 grain lrx is the way to go, much higher BC, better LR performance, and the most accurate bullet ive tried in my rifle. Gets some of the LRX and some H4895 and get r done. gun)

If you search "sunday morning success" you will find my thread about doe that i shot with my 7mm-08 and 145 grain LRX.

I have used 140TSX in my 7-08 with H4350. I have shot a bunch of deer with very good results. They were all a very short track or no tracking recovery and no recovered bullets.

I loaded the 150gr for my son's 7/08 and he shot his first deer with it this year at about 150yds and it was DRT. It was quartering towards him and he shot it right in front of the shoulder and it exited through the offside shoulder. I am at work right now and can't remember the exact load data.

Thank's for all the input guy's, since we are done hunting for the year i will have all winter to get her a load now that i have a good idea where to start

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.