Barnes ttsx in 308 win

How far is he shooting and what is he shooting at?
I ask because in my 308 i had a custom chamber cut to remove some free bore to experiment and couldn't get the 150 to go where I was happy( I'm an accuracy snob🤗)
So I switched to the 175 LRX and they shot extremely well, sub 3in at 500. I even loaded them slow (2200 fps) for short range whitetail in Michigan (less than 300m) they were consistently accurate.
Just a thought.

How far is he shooting and what is he shooting at?
I ask because in my 308 i had a custom chamber cut to remove some free bore to experiment and couldn't get the 150 to go where I was happy( I'm an accuracy snob🤗)
So I switched to the 175 LRX and they shot extremely well, sub 3in at 500. I even loaded them slow (2200 fps) for short range whitetail in Michigan (less than 300m) they were consistently accurate.
Just a thought.
My dad mostly hunts in mtn of nc and in some of our uncle's land as well his longest shots would be around 100 to 150 yards and all the way down to 5 yards now for my I hunt old cut offs and in brushy woods so I shoot from 25 yards to 500 yards that's why I'm going to use hammers

TSX bullets often shoot best with significant amounts of jump. I'd try .075" and .100" off. My best .308/TTSX load uses the 130gr TTSX loaded .165" off the rifling with Benchmark powder. This load will regularly shoot under .5moa at 400yds.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.