Barnes Triple Shocks...

sakofan

Picked up some TSX's today for my .300WM.
I have 150gr. and 168gr.'s.

Anybody have luck with this latest Barnes "X" bullet?

My rifle really liked the others,(X and XLC) just couldnt pass up on a little better accuracy..sakofan..Thanks in advance..

[ 09-30-2003: Message edited by: sakofan ]

Haven't tried the TSX's yet but I just shot some 140 XLC's from my 7STW...It loves them!
About 1/2" @ 100.

Oddly though, my buddies 308 hated the 168 xlc which is supposed to be their match grade x bullet. It shot about 3" @ 100

The 168 gr. TSX was very accurate out of my Savage. Shot about 1/2 MOA at 100 yards with very little load workup. That is about as good as this rifle can do.

I have had great luck with the XXX the worked gret out of my 300 Winny and the 300 WSM both usingthe 168 and 180's. the both gave groups in the low 0.400". I hope this helps.I think about taking them to Africa with mein May.

Doc

were did you seat your xxx bullets at compared to the lands? at 0.05 to 0.07" or did you sink them way back?

on hte 300 winny its 0.032" off the lands and on the 300 WSm it was a bit picky and is 0.012" I had to add 1 gr.more powder to the load to get them to shoot right.the Grooves make them low pressure.

Doc

I've never had good luck with any X-bullets until I tried the 168gr TSX in my .308. Several groups in load developement around 1/2" and one this morning that was 1 hole. My gun likes 'em about .045 off the lands. These bullets are extremely consistant on their measurements, unlike the box of interbonds I bought.

Thanks Doc...used any powder other than RL22??
I will try IMR 4831 and H4350. I had good results with the standard "X" bullets..sakofan.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts