Barnes Tipped Triple Shock X

RockyMtnMT

Official LRH Sponsor
Currious about this bullet in .308 180grn. Hoping some of you can give your experiences compared to Accubond or Scirroco? I aslo was not able to find the dimensions of the tipped triple shock, or bc.

Thanks, Steve

180gr TSX vs 168gr A-MAX

I have played a little with both of these bullets in my 308. I think they are both great and I would shoot the Barns if it did not cost so much. The A-max is great and they cost less than my other load of 175gr SMK. For the price of 20 Barns TSX I can shoot more then 100 A-MAX. The cost just is not worth it to me when a SMK or an A-MAX drop's them just as fast. Just my two cent's

168gr TSX

I started using the 168gr TSX and probably will not HUNT with any other bullet under 400 yards in my .308s. I love their performance on game and I now have no need to try a Scirocco or an Accubond. (so, I have nothing to offer for comparasion)

But, if I know I am going out with shots greater than 300 yards, I would more than likely switch to my 30-378 and I will be loaded up with something else. I just don't like their BCs compared to SMKs or VLDs or even an AMax. The TSXs lower BC leaves less room for operator error. The tipped will be a little better, but still not as good as some other bullets out there.

Now, if they come out with a TTSX with a rebated base like the ULDs, that would be awesome. DO YOU HEAR CHRIS BARNES!!!

Rocky

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.