Barnes Match Burners

I have shot them in my 260......they shot very well and nearly identical to 140 gr Amax at .2grain of powder difference in the two loads.....both at the same COL. I never check their true BC, but will need to now that Amax's are no more. I plan to switch entirely over to them when my last Amax loads are shot up. Hope that helps.

Thank you! I've been shooting 147 ELD but recently purchased some Barnes. High BC and decent price. Hopefully they'll work as well.

I have been using 140 gr. Barnes Match Burners for years in my 8 twist 6.5-06 and 6.5X47L rifles. No fancy ballistic math as only G1 BC's are provided. The Match Burners shoot much like Hornady hpbt 6.5 140 grain bullets and I use the Hornady 4DOF calculator for Hornady 140 hpbt's to get estimates for the
Barnes match burner bullets. The Barnes bullets are about 3 thou longer than the comparable Hornady bullets.

The attached photo gives some idea what they look like. Good long range target bullet for shooting steel at known ranges. Seated back about .010 from rifling. Not for rodents! I also shoot the Barnes MB, 6mm 105's in my 8 twist, 6mm Rem, .243, & 6mm-06 at steel targets. 55 gr. of Retumbo might tighten things up a bit.

IMG_0821.JPG

Last edited: