Barnes lrx

Haven't got data for your exact caliber, I do shoot them in another however.. have to watch that the 168's stabilize right. They're long suckers, lots of bearing surface. Brother n I shoot ours through 8-twist barrels, work really-really well in ours. They're firebird 7mm's though.. node between 3180 & 3200fps

I'd be curious what twist you've got. Also curious where you end up running them once done developing a load* Posted (awhile back) asking what guys are running them at in the new 7LRM, but nobody gave much for a response. Maybe everyone's shooting the Berger's instead, i don't know. I'd (really) like to know if that 7LRM can push them 3100 or not.

Anyway. LRX are good bullets if your barrel likes them and can be pushed fast enough. As a side-note, my drops calculate out to a BC around .579 at 3180fps (vs the advertised .550) ...which I'd assume is gathered based on 3000 like most are-- I'm 1800/1200 to 950yards roughly, with 3180 at the muzzle. Pretty fair range when a guy considers the added benefit of up-close performance that Barnes gives. I like them.

Not sure what your twist is but I know they wouldn't stabilize in a tikka 9.5 twist 7 mag. Not exactly what you asked for but thought it may be of interest

I have been having nightmares to get these to shoot well in anything I gave tried them in.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.