Barnes LRX

muley

Has anybody hunted with the Barnes LRX yet? I have a Savage LRH in 6.5x284 that likes the ttsx. I am thinking about trying the LRX. Do you guys like them?

i have used the 280 grain LRX from a 338 Lapua this season and so far we have 3 kills with it and none went more than 30 yards, they all had 1-2" exits and a blood trail a blind man could follow. gun)

Riley

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f86/my-nevada-2102-bull-102857/

168gr Barnes LRX out of a 7mmSTW. Caught the bottom of the spine, dropped him in his tracks! I just bought an edge, and have a box of 280gr LRX's. I figured I would start near the bottom of the loads for the 300gr SMK and Bergers and then work up slowly from there. Barnes was (and still is) very lacking in load info for the LRX's, especially in the STW. So, I just started really low, and ran the ladder. Had a 1/2 moa load with SAAMI overall length pushing that bullet at over 3250fps! Can't wait to get the Edge going!gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.