Barnes Ammo for Elk?

Barnes are great bullets for elk hunting based on what I have seen with my own eyes. No hearsay just plain facts. Until I started shooting in the long range realm Barnes bullets were used in every gun I owned from 22-250 up to my 375 Ultra Mag. Never lost an animal. Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetails, Antelope and Coyotes. All Dead, dead, dead. 52 Grain TTSX in the 22-250, 140's in the 7STW, 100 Grain in the 257 Weatherby, 85 Grain in the 6mm Remington, 85 Grain in the 243WSSM, 180 Grain in the 300 WSM. I tried the 200 Grain version in my 300PRC but they didn't shoot as well as the 199 grain Hammers do so I stuck with the Hammers. I haven't shot anything with the Ultra Mag yet but the 235 grain x bullets are shooting tight groups, are loaded and ready to go. Put them in the boiler room from just about any angle and they will do the trick. Just my opinion folks.

In the 338 try the Barnes 185 gr. Their capability will amaze you & will tame down the 338 recoil but will not dilute their their heavy game taking ability. When using the mono's you have to forget every thing you know about C&C bullets . Mono's at a lighter weight out perform the C&c or partitioned styled bullets.

I know what you mean about 185 mono's but I'm not after heavy game, just mostly aluminum with some cast iron thrown in there.

I haven't shot an elk with Barnes TSX 140's but I have shot hogs up to 300 pounds. Coming out of a .270 Win, the 140's either go through or end up against the skin on the exit side.

After looking at some reviews and answers, what about Barnes VOR-TX Ammunition 140 Grain TTSX Polymer Tipped Spitzer Boat Tail for elk? Does it have a enough knock down power? Thanks again!
Having worked at Barnes in ballistics lab for 5 years I can assure you a 140gr ttsx in 7 mag would be my bullet if choice for elk. Low end velocity is 1600 fps, will stand petals 90 degrees from shank and diameter plus 10 percent expansion. If 150 gr TTSX is available in vortex ammo, may be a better choice. 140 TTSX was my bullet in 280 Rem

Just picked up a few boxes of 338 Barnes 210 TTSX to see how they will work on engine blocks.
Hey Cvcobra,
Don't have a season for engine blocks here in the northwest, but I shoot same bullet in my 338-06, 24"bbl model 70fwt and they shoot very well at 2800fps. If you have accuracy issues I worked at Barnes for 5 years in their ballistics lab and have tricks I would be happy to share with you, or anyone else. Let me know if I can help.

If you have accuracy issues I worked at Barnes for 5 years in their ballistics lab and have tricks I would be happy to share with you, or anyone else. Let me know if I can help.

Could you summarize for those of us late to the Barnes-game? Maybe just Top 5 or Top 10?

Thank you! :)
-mox

I used the VOR-TX in a 7mag on an elk a few years ago at 350 yards. No fragments, very impressed by the weight retention. I also ran a few rounds from different boxes through the chrono and was amazed at how close they all were in velocity.