Barnes 80gr. TTSXBT

smirker

Has anybody loaded this bullet in a 25-06? Seems like it might be a magic bullet. High Velocity and Great penetration. Got a box coming. My builder already warned me about fouling. Not shooting groups, unless its groups of whitetails.

dont know about 25-06, but in the 243 they are a hammer. Have killed 6 whitetails with them and have yet to have one of them take a single step after impact. By the way I'm a lung shooter.

I ues the 100 gr ttsx in my 25-06 and for anything deer sized of smaller they are mean little buggers. I imagine the 80 grainers will be similar. and very fast! I get about 3200-3300 with 100 grainers if I remember correctly

Haven't tried the Barnes in my wife's 25-96, but loaded some 100 grain sciroccos with R17. I got lucky with a load that holds 2 inches at 300 and very impressive velocity. If you have some R17 laying around I would give it a try. Although I have heard imr 4350 is the way to go with the lighter bullets in the 25-06.

Reuben

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.