Barnes 30 cal 212 LRX

Seeing as how only the last portion of the shank is full diameter (bore rider), how long would OAL be for any cartridge? Single load only?

My 300 PRC is at 3.820". Wyatt's extended box is the way to go on any PRC even the 6.5.

In regards to this, I'm kinda left scratching my head over CEB and the 30cal Lazers and why they have a different profile in comparison to the .338's.

That baring surface looks short! I imagine you'd get better velocity over similar weight bullets.

My advice on Barnes is to stick with the standard LRX or TTSX unless you have a 1-8 twisted rifle that will handle the 212g LRX.

After switching to tougher bullets (Speer Grand Slam, Nosler AccuBond, Barnes MRX/TTSX/LRX, Swift Scirocco II and North Fork SS), I will never go back to cup-and-core bullets for hunting elk and mule deer with my bolt guns. All have performed near and far.

Cup and core bullets see use in my .243 for antelope and in my levers where they work fine at lower velocities.

I would not be suprised if they need even thigher twist then 8".
It would be better to make 180ish grain bullet in similiar desing for more speed and slower twist.

I don't know about koolaid but these are some long little missles!
I have to chuckle when people make definitive statements before even trying something..

I loaded one in a 300 PRC case and it's 3.900 oal.
I've got an 8 twist 30 Sherman in the works specifically to use this bullet, I'll run them in a CFE 9 box.
I'll bet the BC holds, hoping they shoot well
We'll see..
Here's a pic next to a 230 A tip, and 215 Berger
IMG_20200408_074907431.jpg

I have to chuckle when people make definitive statements before even trying something..

I've got an 8 twist 30 Sherman in the works specifically to use this bullet, I'll run them in a CFE 9 box.
We'll see..
View attachment 186253
Man, that is a missle🤪

We'll see..
View attachment 186253
And I love when people take an assumption followed by "ill believe it when I test them" as definitive. By definition that would classify as the jury is still out not anything definitive. Trust me I will find their BC @ 800 feet elevation when started in the neighborhood of 3250fps. You can bet the BC holds. I will find out

Barnes BC has always been .050+ over stated, the longer the missile more the drag, there is a reason bore riders came in and went out already. I'm interested to see it but not real optimistic, there are far better designs and far better build quality, when you get into bullets like this they have to be perfect to group at ELR and I don't see Barnes pulling it of.

We'll see..
View attachment 186253

Nice I'm having a 30 Sherman done now also. Still pondering bullets. Was thinking 230 atip for steel and hammer 214 for game or even 199gr. Glad you are testing these first.