• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Bansner 8.59 Galaxy **SPF** Swarovski Scope FS

longrangehunterII

BANSNER ULTIMATE Rifles LLC in Lazzeroni 8.59 Galaxy (.338 dia.) and a Swarovski Habicht PH 30mm 2.5-10x42 rifle scope w/ box and all the paper work. Everything was bought New and I am the sole owner.

This Rifle and Scope are in mint condition! The last person to purchase from me replied
"Finally home and got the scope,,, BETTER THAN ADVERTISED, thanks, I cannot wait to use it!"
  • McBros stainless steel action with custom bolt handle and spiral fluted bolt body. Bolt features M-16 style extractor with plunger ejector.
  • Light-weight firing pin assembly for a fast lock-time.
  • 24" Lilja Precision match-grade stainless steel barrel #4 1x10" twist that is chambered in the "dialed-in" technique developed for bench-rest rifles. Barrel is fluted to reduce weight and increase handling characteristics.
  • Rifle comes complete with our stream-line muzzle brake and thread protector.
  • Custom Jewell trigger with a 3-position M-70 style swing safety, was an additional option at a cost of $350.00
  • Receiver mounted bolt release.
  • Bansner's custom lightweight ADL trigger-guard is standard.
  • Talley Signature Q.D. bases and 30mm rings mounted with the Swarovski Habicht PH 2.5-10 x 42 scope.
  • All metal is coated in our polymer K-Cote (Satin Black.). This finish will protect your metal even under the most extreme conditions.
  • High-Tech Specialties, Inc., Classic style fiberglass stock is fully pillar-bedded with a free floated barrel channel, fitted a Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad. 13 1/2" L.O.P. and painted in Krick Special and Lava with a textured finish.
  • Rifle comes completely range tested and sighted-in for accuracy, and only has 110 rounds fired through it to date.
  • RCBS Reloading Dies in 8.59 Galaxy.
  • 70 Rounds of live Ammo 37 rds. 210 gr. Barnes XLC 3055 fps @ 20' muzzle ; 18 rds. 200 gr. Nosler BT; 15 rds. 225 gr. Nosler Partition.
  • One unopened 20 rd. Box still in plastic wrap. 42 pieces of FF Brass shot twice, and 16 pieces shot once. 58 Fire formed + 20 unfired = 78 total pieces of brass.
  • Custom o-ring bore Rod guide from Sinclair International.

Price: $4,945.00 w/scope, ammo, brass, and reloading dies. Does not include Shipping, Insurance or the ammo holder on the gun stock in the picture.

Attachments

• Bansner.jpg
    Bansner.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Bansner Rifle .jpg
    Bansner Rifle .jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Bansner Ultamate .jpg
    Bansner Ultamate .jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Bansner's Ultamate Rifle.jpg
    Bansner's Ultamate Rifle.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 13
Re: Bansner Ultamate One 8.59 Galaxy w/Swarovski Scope

For those that might actually need to hump a rifle up one mountain and down the next.....
This rifle weights only 7.5 lbs. with the scope and is fully capable of taking any large big game animal out to 670 yards (1501.7 ft. lbs. of energy) or 910 yards for medium sized game (999.2 ft. lbs. of energy) with the 210 gr. Barnes XLC Bullet load I developed. Which is way out there by anyones measure under hunting conditions.

Attachments

• Bansner @ 7.5 lbs. w:scope.jpg
    Bansner @ 7.5 lbs. w:scope.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 35

I've decided to offer free shipping, insurance, the ammo holder, a gun case, and $35.00 towards the FFL fees with the purchase.

I found a older article in Field & Stream entitled " A Pair of Aces" When it comes to big-game guns, these two beat all hands.
Article by David E. Petzal. Uploaded on January 16, 2007

A Pair of Aces | Field & Stream

Here's the thing. Years ago and I mean like in late 2000 I asked Ed Brown to build me the best rifle he knew how no matter what the cost! He opted to even upgrade to a better barrel, and I let him choose the caliber, a 300 Wby. using his own custom reamer. He had three different ones, standard free bore, a .241 and a .182. He chose the middle one saying it would shoot any Factory made ammo in case I lost my hand loads while out on a hunting trip. Long story short I had some Hornady stuff from my brother since he owned a 300 Wby. cleaned the gun, chambered a round while prone and pulled the trigger at a 300 yard target..... *** and pulled the bolt open to a blown primer! On not one, but two loads. I never shot it again!

In the end he ruined the Krieger barrel, I could see he had tooling marks that were just above the belt on those two cases and almost all of the factory stuff was too long to shoot in that gun. I know that because the local sporting goods store was kind enough to let me try almost every factory round in that gun the day I sent it to Bruce Bear. You might ask why I sent it to him instead of back to Ed Brown.... well if what I see wrong with it might not mean much to Ed Brown, but if a trained gun smith like Bruce says there's tooling marks in the chamber you could see from the next State well then that must mean something.

Ed Brown may make great hand guns, but when he first started building rifles which was in 2000. With his own actions, the 702, he didn't deliver what he promised, not even close, and YES, I got my money back. His last comment was "those tooling marks will help keep the pressure down from beating up the bolt face"!

So in the days of custom hunting rifles back then and maybe even now, there are good and bad gun smiths or truly great ones like Kenny Jarrett, David Miller, Mark Bansner or a guy like Lon Paul for the dangerous stuff. I have either owned or shot most if not all the well known rifle builders guns, and only a few had great workmanship, worked flawlessly with out any hiccups and shot extremely well. All of Kenny Jarrett's guns are broken in, shot at least 100 times and tuned with the customers hand loads before the customer even lays a hand on their gun. I can honestly say he is the King of building the worlds most accurate hunting rifles in the world!

This gun I had built by Mark is such a gun as well. I've made some truly awesome hits on game animals well beyond what was considered long range under some extreme hunting conditions. This is a joy to carry even after weeks in the back country and when your hard earned trophy steps out and everything is riding on the most important tool you have it will come through for you that day or any other day when it matter most....

There are a few guys on this site that have owned Mark's guns and/or still do. Ask them, or read their older posts. Lets be honest here, this is a great hunting gun that you won't be using as a crutch because your too tired to lug a heavy tactical rifle for the entire week to ten days while out hunting for that trophy of a life time. Or something too fancy to even take out of the house let alone through the brush!

What I find odd is that after almost 400 views that know one has anything to say? Good or bad? What's up with that? I would have thought someone would have at least said something? I realized today that 16 lbs. rifles are illegal to hunt with in the State of Idaho, who could lug that around anyways, and have a back pack.... must be why they call them "Drag Bags" lol Just joking, I have one!

Later

Ok, I'm lowering the price $400.00 to $4,545.00 with the free shipping, insurance, the ammo holder, a hard case, and the $35.00 towards the FFL fee on the buyers end.

I forgot something else that goes w/this gun I have for sale. I have a custom L.E. Wilson case holder for case mouth trimming work for the 8.59 Galaxy.

Wow, you guys are tough shoppers. I'm lowering the price again to $4,145.00 shipped, ammo, dies, etc.

Re: Bansner 8.59 Galaxy w/Swarovski Scope Reduced Price

Someone sent me a PM yesterday asking me if I could send them a fired case for their cartridge collection, so I picked out a flawed one from the fired cases I had on hand.

So I have one (1) less fired case being sold with this gun, that should bring the total to 57 fired cases.

Thanks for understanding in advance.

I've been getting inquires on how accurate is this gun, so I'll post it here for everyone to read:

This rifle will shoot under 1/2" MOA but averages 1/2" MOA 3 shot groups at 100-300 yards with the 210 grain Barnes XLC load I developed at 3055 fps 20' from the muzzle. In all honesty I have not shot this gun in years, but it is a solid performer. I'd be more then happy to punch some paper with this gun, post the target to get some real eyebrows lifted but I thought it would be better saved for the next owner.

Mind you, this was not tinkered with much at all, if I developed another load today, I'm sure I could improve upon that without too much trouble using RL-17 or another one of the newer powders available today. That and I could do it in 1/5 of the time having my reloading room and a shooting room in the same building 35 feet from my front door. I think for a lot of the people on here, they'd rather do that work for themselves? But maybe I'm wrong? I just don't care to burn up a bunch of powder on a bullet that someone else might not think is so great? That's just my opinion.

I realized today I made an error in counting the total number of rounds fired through this gun. I didn't count the loaded ammo on hand that had been fire formed and ten rounds not accounted for.

That brings the total rounds fired through the gun to 190.

I went to get the box for the scope and realized I called it a PH instead of PV.

It's a PV 2.5-10x42 L with a 7A Reticle.

Sorry for the confusion.

Are you interested in any trades? I am considering getting rid of my Gunwerks LR1200 in .338 Edge.

Are you interested in any trades? I am considering getting rid of my Gunwerks LR1200 in .338 Edge.

Not really, I need a railing for my deck, a front gate out by the road, and finish the lighting over the fire place.

But thanks anyways.