Bangsteel.com

Unoboats

Went and shot with Dan Newberry two Saturdays in a row. Great guy, he had my friend and I shooting out to 1040 yds the first day. Very informative and easy to understand. The next weekend I went by myself and shot out to 1200 yds with Dan from Bang Steel. The location is in western Va, close to Wytheville, Va. I plan to go as many times as I can this year. They are putting up steel out to a mile now.
Look him up, you will not regret it. He also has a forum called practicalrifler.com

Just finished up a long range match at Bangsteel.com in Wytheville Va. A great day shooting with some really great guys. I had only shot the range 3 times before and had 3/one day lessons from Dan Newberry. The wind changes in the mountains here are challenging at best, but today was my first day to dope the wind all the way out to 1030 yds.without anyone helping me as I was on my own.(So Cool) there were 7 stages of targets and a possible score of 700, i was able to score 680 and tied for 1st place. 9 shots for the shoot off to determine the winner and my wind dope was spot on at 760 Yds, but the real winner prevails as i made a rookie mistake and dialed 7.5 moa instead of 17.5 moa at 760 for my elevation.. LOL. still a great day shooting with some real great shooters. This happens to be a great day for me as I accomplished something I have wanted to do for years and did it. If anyone has the want and desire to do this, I highly recomend Dan, as he only teaches wind with the Beaufort scale to dope the wind, very handy for the hunter who may not have cell service to calculate in a hunting situation. Look him up on praticalrifery.com
Chip

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.