Bang Steel in Bland, VA

Overkill338

Has anyone on here been ? I know its a 1k yard range, and a LR shooting school. Just wondering if it is worth the investment? Its only about an hour from me.

Had a buddy that went. He had zero experience shooting beyond 100 yards or so. He said he learned a lot. He said they shot 308 wins.

I would see if they will supply the rifle and ammo. No sense burning out your new RUM on their course. See if they will let you shoot a few from yours the last day and get some DOPE.

I've not personally been there but plan on going sometime in the future. But I have had a couple good friends go to a weekend class and were extremely happy. Also they have a pretty good podcast

Had a buddy that went. He had zero experience shooting beyond 100 yards or so. He said he learned a lot. He said they shot 308 wins.

I would see if they will supply the rifle and ammo. No sense burning out your new RUM on their course. See if they will let you shoot a few from yours the last day and get some DOPE.
Thanks, I will ask about that.
I've not personally been there but plan on going sometime in the future. But I have had a couple good friends go to a weekend class and were extremely happy. Also they have a pretty good podcast
You a Virginian too? Maybe we could meet up there?

I shot there a few years ago. I liked it very much. Dan is a great guy. I did their basic course. They emphasized practical applications and using basics. I would suggest communicating with him on some of his philosophies and course details to make sure your are getting the correct course for what you need. They offer other courses as well (PRS shooting and ELR shooting (over 2k yards). For the introductory there is classroom and field shooting. I rang steel 400-1020 yards with my 308. I am considering going back this year with my new elk rifle as long as I can get enough ammo components for reloading. My big issue is I have no places to shoot past 500 yards near me so the course was quite helpful me just getting the experience at longer distance. Bang steel is a 12 hour drive for me from the northeast and the price was right. I am also considering doing some advanced courses (PRS and ELR shooting). They also do private groups which I imagine lets you have some flexibility. I am interested in the spring and/or summer.

I shot there a few years ago. I liked it very much. Dan is a great guy. I did their basic course. They emphasized practical applications and using basics. I would suggest communicating with him on some of his philosophies and course details to make sure your are getting the correct course for what you need. They offer other courses as well (PRS shooting and ELR shooting (over 2k yards). For the introductory there is classroom and field shooting. I rang steel 400-1020 yards with my 308. I am considering going back this year with my new elk rifle as long as I can get enough ammo components for reloading. My big issue is I have no places to shoot past 500 yards near me so the course was quite helpful me just getting the experience at longer distance. Bang steel is a 12 hour drive for me from the northeast and the price was right. I am also considering doing some advanced courses (PRS and ELR shooting). They also do private groups which I imagine lets you have some flexibility. I am interested in the spring and/or summer.
They are scheduling private courses through February, weather permitting. I got in touch with him. Im going to do the private 2 day course I believe.

Has anyone on here been ? I know its a 1k yard range, and a LR shooting school. Just wondering if it is worth the investment? Its only about an hour from me.

If you want to get into long range shooting then yes you will learn how to shoot in wind and distance I did the 2 day class well worth it plus I got to shoot a gentleman's 413 to a mile.