Banded waders?

What's the material like? I had a pair of neoprenes that I hated with a passion and switched to canvas, which have always worked pretty well for me.
Very similar to a pair of bibs with Gortex sewed to a pair of very comfortable short rubber boots. Like I said, I wear them all the time, not just hunting waterfowl. Pretty nice to cross a ditch or some flooded woods when following a blood trail and not get your feet wet.

I'm a buy once cry once person. I have been three seasons with Sitka waders and have never had a leak. They upgraded my boots for free. I would buy them again in a heartbeat. Best waders I ever had.

I tried the Banded breathables, liked how they looked but the ankle fit is so tight I could not get my foot in them, had to return.
Ended up with High & Dry breathables, they have been great but only one season in - ask me in 10 years.

I tried the Banded breathables, liked how they looked but the ankle fit is so tight I could not get my foot in them, had to return.
Ended up with High & Dry breathables, they have been great but only one season in - ask me in 10 years.
They do fit tight in the ankles, and break in nicely. I wear thin dress socks in mine. The boots are plenty warm. Your foot doesn't slip in them walking in gumbo mud and they don't rub blisters. The boot is a good design.

They do fit tight in the ankles, and break in nicely. I wear thin dress socks in mine. The boots are plenty warm. Your foot doesn't slip in them walking in gumbo mud and they don't rub blisters. The boot is a good design.
Would not be able to break them in - 'cause I could not get my foot in them! But, I do have a strange foot, very high arch, and ankle fit is an issue with snake boots, etc. as well. Not likely an issue for most people.
I'm wearing thick socks in these too. I have a pair of Cabela's breathables that are very lightweight that I use for warmer weather.
I don't walk more than a couple miles into any duck spot so never had blister issues with waders.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts