Banded waders?

5RWill

Anyone every use these? The reviews are either great or awful. db2019 gives you 50% off so it's somewhat enticing price wise.

I had a terrible experience with mine, as did a few of my friends (group purchase). Used for duck hunting, big leaks at seam where boot attached. Also very heavy and sizing odd. Will never use again.

I had a terrible experience with mine, as did a few of my friends (group purchase). Used for duck hunting, big leaks at seam where boot attached. Also very heavy and sizing odd. Will never use again.
I see that's along the lines of what i've been reading as well.

My employer purchases Gortex waders nearly every year for work in marsh and rice country. My favorites and longest lastung have been from Cabelas and Simms (pretty spendy). Stocking foots seem to last longer but can be a pain putting on and off.

Day in and day out you will not beat Lacrosse waders. I spend at least a month a year in my waders
and have used virtually every brand known to man. Nothing beats Lacrosse. Neoprene is also the
way to go

I've got the lacrosse breathable ones and they're decent. I hate neoprene. The Lacrosses sprung a very small leak along the boot seam, but its probably more because they sit folded up so long all summer than anything else.

I ended up keeping them and took them out last weekend. No issues thus far, made sure to get wader hangers so that doesn't happen.

Anyone every use these? The reviews are either great or awful. db2019 gives you 50% off so it's somewhat enticing price wise.
We hunt nearly every day of the season. A friend and I each have a pair that have lasted 3 seasons. I am assuming you are talking about the new breathable ones. We both have a spare new pair for when the old ones start to leak, neither pair does yet. Here is the good the bad and the ugly. They absolutely smoke neoprene for comfort walking, and getting in and out of blinds and atv's and boats. Just like wearing bibs and a pair of short boots. I even deer hunt in them. They lack the padding of neoprene on your butt. Not as comfortable sitting on a board seat. They are not as warm as neoprene if you are standing in water, and you have to wear another layer of good insulation if doing so. All that said, I will never buy another pair of neoprene again. Banded clothes including waders and parkas are lighter and just as warm or warmer than other brands. Much lighter than Drake on coats and warmer. Like their waders better than Lacrosse. Only complaint is I almost never zip my coat more than half way, just enough to keep my calls warm, but still able to reach them. Banded zippers don't like this, and will start hanging in that spot after a hard season. They could put a better zipper on a $400 coat, but it is so warm and light I will put up with it, and just replace it when I have to.

I bought a new set of waders this year. Lacrosse neoprene. Absolutely hate them. Big, bulky, and they stay damp inside pretty much all of the time.

Macks PW will put them on sale sometime after duck season but before turkey season. Great sale and I think they extend it to online but it is only for a weekend. Think 40-50% off.

Just can't stand Neoprene. Have a pair of Rocky's that have been bombproof, just uncomfortable. Probably going with the Cabela's single shoulder strap next time if I can't find some good breatheables.

What's the material like? I had a pair of neoprenes that I hated with a passion and switched to canvas, which have always worked pretty well for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.