Ballistics software

PDR

I am about ready to purchase a new Ballistic program software and wanted some input from the guys that have and use ballistic programs. What do you have and do you like it?

Thanks
AIRBORNE

You can download this, Free ballistic program..

clipped from the site:
PCB v1.8 has the following possibilities/characteristics :

Calculation of exterior ballistics data:
Time of flight.
Remaining velocity.
Kinetic energy
Bullet path compared to sight line.
Sight adjustments from zero for different ranges.
Wind drift, displayable as sight clicks or cm/inches.
Variable parameters
Bullet weight
Ballistic coefficient
Zero range
Point of impact at zero range
Crosswind velocity and direction
Temperature
Altitude above sea level
Firing angle, up- or downhill
The cant angle of the weapon
Other calculations :
Maximum point blank range
Tolerance interval for range estimations.
Near zero range + boresighting distance.
Ballistic coefficient.
Recoil energy and -velocity
Minimum rifling twist

wink.gif
Dont have any graphics, thought - You may export the tabels?? to exel and get it visualised there..
smile.gif

John M I Concurr, good stuff, That and a Kestral 4000 your in business.

DBS: Can you define and explain internal and external ballistics and how the software delivers both?
Tahnks

DBS: Can you define and explain internal and external ballistics and how the software delivers both?
Thanks

The internal ballistics portion of the software provides pressures along the entire length of the barrel, temperatures, burn rates, energy, and efficiency numbers. This portion of the software also allows you to change barrel geometry to suit your application. The external portion is after the bullet leaves the muzzle, times of flight, projectile energy, drops, zero's, wind effects etc. This is great software. It also allows you to input custom bullet dimensions as needed.

The internal ballistics portion of the software provides pressures along the entire length of the barrel, temperatures, burn rates, energy, and efficiency numbers. This portion of the software also allows you to change barrel geometry to suit your application. The external portion is after the bullet leaves the muzzle, times of flight, projectile energy, drops, zero's, wind effects etc. This is great software. It also allows you to input custom bullet dimensions as needed.

[ 05-21-2004: Message edited by: DBS ]

Take a look at Neco's QuickLoad/QuickTarget software........great stuff. It provides internal and external ballistic data.

This sounds pretty cool... I have heard of a software package that delivered powder burn rates and was actually looking for it; especially since I toggle back and forth from IMR to Hodgons inbetween the winter and summer months. How much is it and where can it be purchased?

NECO (707) 747-0897 They are located in Benicia, CA. I believe their website is www.neconos.com. You will not believe all of the information available in this software. Let me know if I can help in any way. David Smith

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.