Ballistics Software Comparison

Are you only using a G1 BC? If so you might want to try a different drag model, i.e...G5, G7. The standard G1 doesn't fit every bullet which is possibly why you are on at one range and off at another.

Keep in mind that the value of the BC will be different for each drag model. If you do a search here I'm sure you can find enough info to get you in the ballpark. Just my $0.02.

Good luck.

-John

You can't change the the drag function in the PPC version of Exbal (or night force both same thing) you are stuck manipulating the G1 (or modified G1). Nor can you set you drag coefficient for the G1 drag function that exbal uses. Both of these items matter if you going to stretch it out a bit.

Is there a program that does allow it? PC or pocke pc?

Yes, LoadBase 3 will give you the tools you need to match a G1 to you load. It will also help you obtain your G7. It will help you find your drag coefficient also. With those two tools your trajectory's will be accurately predicted without fudging numbers to make it match you results. The author of the software knows the G7 function is more accurate and through some voodo that's over my head has come up with a way to use the G7 trajectory curve with a G1 function. If I'm off base here someone will correct me, but that's how I understand it.

To my knowledge none of the PPC versions truly use the G7 function in purity yet. That's gonna change though.

I just posted a review at the top of this section check it out.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.