Ballistics Program that Includes Scope Clicks??

Is there a reason you want it in clicks rather than just moa or mils? (depending on scope of coarse) it's a whole lot faster to spin that turret to 4.5 moa rather then count to 18?

Because MOA is just a bit more than an inch. At long ranges they don't match up.

1 MOA = 1.047"

Might not seem much, but a longer ranges it makes a difference in several inches.

Because MOA is just a bit more than an inch. At long ranges they don't match up.

1 MOA = 1.047"

Might not seem much, but a longer ranges it makes a difference in several inches.
Say what? Scopes are in MOA or mils...inches has nothing to do with dialing turrets.

The INCH column displayed on ballistic apps in NOT for dialing, I repeat NOT for dailing. Its for reference to bullet drop only.

I hope somebody here is not dialing inches for long range dope and then wondering why their data is all FUBAR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a reason you want it in clicks rather than just moa or mils? (depending on scope of coarse) it's a whole lot faster to spin that turret to 4.5 moa rather then count to 18?
I don't really understand MOA plus I want to put turret stickers on the dial for ranges

I don't really understand MOA plus I want to put turret stickers on the dial for ranges
Nothing to understand dude, just turn the turrets till it matches the elevation in MOA the app says. You can literally read it right off the turret to confirm it's correct.

Say what? Scopes are in MOA or mils...inches has nothing to do with dialing turrets.

The INCH column displayed on ballistic apps in NOT for dialing, I repeat NOT for dilating. Its for reference to bullet drop only, FFS.

I hope somebody here is not dialing inches for long range dope and then wondering why their data is all FUBAR.

My scopes come with 1/4" clicks, not 1/4 MOA, meaning 4 clicks = 1.00", not 1 MOA.

You're way overthinking this. Here is a screenshot from shooter. For 500 yards is it easier to spin the turret to 8 or to count to 32 and try to not get lost or miss a click?
ABF86580-3B06-4664-9893-5B7E42C7703E.png

My scopes come with 1/4" clicks, not 1/4 MOA, meaning 4 clicks = 1.00", not 1 MOA.
On ballistic turrets or under the cap it says 1/4"? The only one I can think that does that is the old zeiss conquests with capped turrents. It's 1/4 per click for zeroing purposes, but that's not a dialer.

I've not been around forever, but I've never seen a ballistic turret from anything relatively recent marked in inches not moa/mil

What scopes have dialable inch turrets?

I have two 25+ yr old Leupold Vari-X III's with Target Dot reticles. Both 6.5x20, and one of them has the Custom Premier 18x40 reticle. Both are marked 1/4" @ 100 yds. The original 6.5x20 I have on my Silhouette 7mm-08, needs a few more clicks at 500m to make up for the difference of inches vs. moa

I do have a newer leupold and some Vortex scopes that have the MOA turret system. I should've been more clear, and not cause confusion for the OP or anyone else.

Ok so for 500, is that 8 clicks? Not sure that I understand
Are your turrets MOA? Are they 1/4 MOA adjustments...so 0 - - - 1 as you turn? For 8 MOA, you'd dial that turret to 8. Don't overcomplicate things.

Think of it like a ruler dude...if you needed to measure 8.25 inches on a ruler, you'd go the the #8 and then one extra 1/4 mark to 8 1/4, correct? Same thing for your turrets, they just display MOA instead of inches, the dashes in between are most likely 1/4 moa per dash.

for 1 MOA up just turn it to 1. For 17.75 up, you go to 17 and then 3 more clicks.

If you have 1/4 moa turrets they will be labeled 0 where you set your zero. then you would have .25-.50 and .75 then the one minute mark would be labeled 1. Then 1.25-1.50-1.75 and then the 2 moa mark would be labeled 2 and so on and so forth. So if it calls 8.25 moa you would spin to 8 and then add one click. 12.75 would be 12 full minutes (the 12 on your moa dial) and then 3 additional clicks to make the .75.